Noble Offshore has been involved in gas processing for over 10 years and has capabilities in all of the major gas processing unit operations with a particular expertise in solid bed adsorption where we offer the ADAPT service offering.
Overall Service Offerings
Noble Offshore has been involved in gas processing for over 35 years and has capabilities in all of the major gas processing unit operations:
- Solid Bed Absorption (hydrogen sulphide and mercury removal)
- Acid Gas Removal
- Glycol Dehydration
- Low Temperature Separation (dewpointing)
- Gas Quality Correction (nitrogen ballasting and LPG injection)
- Scavengers (sulphur species removal)
- Scrubbing Systems
We also have capabilities in the major ancillary processes on gas plants:
- Fractionation (condensate stabilisation and methanol recovery)
- Glycol Reclamation
- Cryogenic Processing (liquefaction and nitrogen rejection)
- Condensate Sweetening
- Sulphur Recovery (redox processes)
We offer a wide range of gas processing services and these apply to new developments and operating plants:
- Process Screening
- Feasibility Design
- Conceptual Design
- Design Review
- Bid Evaluation
- Performance Assessment
- Operational Support
New Plant Development Services
Noble Offshore are experienced in performing pre-FEED services on natural gas processing plants. We have completed many pre-FEED projects including:
- Process Screening – a techno-economic evaluation of the process options available to determine the optimal process for the application
- Feasibility Design – evaluation of the processes selected to ensure that they are suitable to perform the required duty and meet the product specifications.
- Conceptual Design – pre-FEED engineering to determine the high level plant design requirements to enable projects to move towards sanction.
Where conceptual or FEED studies have been performed for a natural gas processing plant, Noble Offshore provide a Design Review service where we provide due diligence through our expertise to highlight any potential issues. Where a development involves an Invitation to Tender package, Noble Offshore provide a review of the Tender documentation and also assist with the evaluation of the bids.
Operational Plant Services
Noble Offshore has experience on operational natural gas processing plants. We have completed many projects on behalf of our clients to improve the performance of their facilities. These include:
- Performance Assessment – data collection on the operational plant and comparison with ideal performance as shown by process simulation. For plants that use consumables, this allows scheduling of replacements to maximise plant availability.
- Optimisation – process modelling of the plant to identify where improvements can be made. After implementation, the improvements are then evaluated to ensure the optimisation has been achieved.
- Debottlenecking – services are performed where plant throughput is to be increased to achieve capacity increase or to recover from under performance. This involves identification of the components causing a restriction and proposing a solution to alleviate this.
- Troubleshooting – services are used where there are operational issues that are affecting production rate, product specification or equipment issues. This involves identification of the problem and evaluating solutions to remove it.
Noble Offshore are also able to provide other Operational Support such as expertise during changeout of beds, representing the site in discussions with suppliers and gas analyser issues.
Noble Offshore also use their gas processing expertise to perform general studies for the industry. Previous studies have included reviews of new technologies, current status of gas processing topics and the impact of market changes on plants.