OilVLe and GasVLe
OilVLe and GasVLe are Noble Offshore’s innovative Microsoft Excel add-in modules. GasVLe allows calculating the properties of liquids and gases quickly and easily and OilVLe was specially created for modelling oil and reservoir conditions.
GasVLe gives you the Energy!
GasVLe is a software package that calculates the properties of gases, liquids and dense fluids, including natural gas and natural gas liquids. GasVLe can also help simplify the calculation of Calorific Value (CV).
As an ActiveX component, GasVLe Release 5 makes it easy to integrate with your other software applications. Simply tell us what gas property information you need and Noble Offshore can help you build end-to-end solutions for your gas flow management systems.
- System Requirements for Excel Add-in: Any PC running MS Windows 95/98/NT/XP/Vista/7 with Microsoft® Excel 97/2000/2003/2007/2010 installed.
- System Requirements for ActiveX: Any PC running Microsoft Windows* 95/98/2000/XP/Vista/7 or Windows NT.
- Excel Add-in: GasVLe Release 5 is available as an add-in for Microsoft® Excel 97 and above
Once you have loaded GasVLe, it will appear as an extra item in the Excel menu bar. You can apply GasVLe calculations directly to data in Excel spreadsheets and output data into the same spreadsheet or elsewhere as desired, without the need to import and export files.
The phase behaviour and fluid properties calculator
OilVLe is a powerful software application specially created for modelling oil and reservoir conditions and is based on the Microsoft Excel package.
- Standard PVT experiments (CCE, CVD, Differential liberation)
- Process platform modelling
- Isenthalpic Flash (Joule-Thomson expansion)
- Gravitational compositional gradient modelling
- Multi-saturation level phase envelope
- Normal equation of state parameter reading and incorporation – (critical properties, acentric factors, binary interaction parameters)
- Extensive selection of equations of state available
- Help facility
- Incorporates the power and functionality of Microsoft ExcelTM including audit trail and automatic recalculation, solver and goal seek
Who uses OilVLe?
OilVLe is tailormade for reservoir or petroleum engineers, for environmental studies requiring phase behaviour, for petroleum technologists and geochemists as well as oil migration modellers and oilfield technical support companies. OilVLe has been designed by LA, using their extensive thermodynamics expertise, with the experience of Petrophase, who have a proven reputation in the oil and gas industry.