Noble Offshore’s mariners have both specialist offshore experience and detailed tanker knowledge which they use to perform surveys on oil and gas rigs, construction and support vessels, tankers and cargo/passenger vessels.
Surveys for the upstream oil and gas industry are performed for the purpose of marine suitability and include FPSO conversion, pre-purchase inspections, MODU suitability, audits and on/off hire surveys. Increasingly this expertise is being used for support vessels in the renewables sector.Our tanker specialists are accredited to the highest standards, undergoing stringent independent assessments (SIRE and CDI), and are recognised by the world’s largest oil companies as key partners in the assurance of the integrity and operating standards of their chartered vessels. Performing independent vetting and inspection of crude, product, gas and chemical vessels on behalf of owners, charterers, operators and protection & indemnity (P&I) clubs is one of the core services we offer.Noble Offshore’s Towing Vessel Approvability Scheme (TVAS) operates on a worldwide basis providing the industry with an independent, authoritative database on the capability of the worldwide towing fleet. This unique scheme enables owners to include their vessels in a selection pool for offshore operational work by potential clients.
Other types of work undertaken include:
- writing and approving offshore marine procedures
- undertaking industry-standard audits such as the IMCA Common Marine Inspection Document (CMID)
- P&I pre-entry surveys
- leading and supporting incident investigations for clients or insurers
- development and delivery of training covering the full range of subjects, including health, safety, security and environmental issues
- general marine consultancy related to the offshore and shipping industries