Carbon Capture and Storage
Carbon capture and storage (CCS) is seen as a necessary option in the transition towards sustainable energy systems. It has considerable potential to reduce CO2 emissions without significantly altering the current energy infrastructure.
- Feasibility of new designs or the suitability of existing equipment for change of use
- Safety assessments
- Certification and verification services
- Process selection and optimisation
- Flow assurance and network modelling for CO2 gathering and transmission
- Complete integrity management systems and solutions including materials selection, applicability of existing materials to change of duty and corrosion studies
- Large scale CO2 testing to support integrity, corrosion and safety studies
Through its integrated service offerings, Noble Offshore has the knowledge and proven expertise to cover the complete range of surface facilities required to produce a successful CCS project.
- Technology selection for carbon capture from the flue gas of large point sources such as power plants and industrial facilities (for example those producing ammonia, hydrogen, or cement)
- Pipeline gathering and transportation for CO2 prior to final storage
These services can be provided throughNoble Offshore’s extensive network of strategically located offices to support CCS projects around the globe.