Flow Meter Calibration
Environmental drivers are now pushing to reduce the uncertainty on a range of other flow measurement activities. Extensive experience of calibrating a wide range of metering types together with extensive flow facilities enables the Flow Centre to offer a comprehensive service for customers.
The financial importance of accurate flow metering for Custody Transfer is well recognised. The Flow Centre has particular expertise on the use and calibration of ultrasonic flow meters.
The Flow Centre offers UKAS accredited (ISO 17025) flow meter calibrations undertaken with the working medium at normal operating conditions. Due to the large scale and versatility of the site full scale development testing and qualification of components such as valves, filters and regulators can be performed with realistic in-service conditions with the Flow Centre often being the only suitable test location worldwide.
In summary the Flow Centre offers the following for those requiring meter calibrations:
- Large flow and pressure range
- Calibration over full velocity range of the latest ultrasonic flow meters
- Calibrations over full flow range of a meter in realistic in-service conditions
- All meter types tested, including ultrasonic, venturi, turbine, orifice plate, v-cones, vortex, coriolis and averaging pitot tubes
- Guidance and expertise as to how and where to calibrate me
Meters and components ranging in size from 1″ (25mm) to over 30″ (900mm) in diameter can be accommodated in our many internal and external test lines of up to 90 m long.
- Flange ratings of ANSI 600 are standard, with other ratings being accommodated
- During a test all data is automatically recorded using state of the art data logging equipment
- Uncertainty range of 0.21% to 0.33%. Extensive range of pressure and temperature instruments
- Accurate real time gas composition analysis using on-line gas chromatograph